Omega-3 Test Kit
Ballstad cooperates with OmegaQuant which is the world leading company in dry-blood sample omega-3 tests. OmegaQuant has laboratories in the US, UK and Australia for fatty acid analysis that is CLIA certified.
In 2009 Dr. William S. Harris founded OmegaQuant Analytics, LLC, an independent, CLIA-certified lab that offers Omega-3 Index testing to researchers, clinicians and the public and sets the standard for fatty acid testing.
Tracking your health data is proven to help you reach your goals. A Omega-3 test will provide you with the knowledge to make good and informed decisions about your health needs. The Omega-3 index is a blood test that measures the amount of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in your red blood cell membranes.
An Omega-3 index in the desirable range of 8%-12% is an indicator of better overall health. As a part of an overall healthy lifestyle an omega-3 index in this range may help to maintain heart, brain, eye and joint health. Once you know your omega-3 index you can personalize your diet to modify your it in as little as 3-4 months
You can’t manage what you don’t measure. Omega-3, omega-6 and trans fats all play a role in your health and are related to risk for heart disease. Tracking these numbers can help you optimize them for your health. The Omega-3 Index, Trans Fat Index, Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio and AA/EPA ratio all respond to what you eat. You can change your health and your numbers by changing what you eat. Everyone responds differently diet changes so the only way to know is to test. We recommend testing every 4 months to confirm you are getting the right mix of fats in your diet.
How it Works
- Choose the product in our shop. The sample collection kit typically arrives in 3 to 5 days.
- Follow the simple kit instructions to collect your sample from the comfort of home. Once you have your sample collected mail it back to our lab with the pre-paid envelope.
Get the results:
- In 1-2 weeks you will receive an email letting you know your personalized results are ready.
Your results. Supported by science.
- Actionable: Fatty acid levels start changing as soon as you change your diet and lifestyle and stabilize in 3-4 months.
- Personalized: Personalized dietary recommendations based off your test results.
- Certified: All samples are processed in a central CLIA-certified laboratory.
- Validated: The same validated and standardized sample processing methodology used in over 200 research studies.
- Compare: Percentile ranks show you how you compare to your peers.
Ballstad AS only distributes the blod test kits on behalf of OmegaQuant. Ballstad AS does not preform any tests or collect any data regarding the tests after they are shipped to the costumer.
Please carfully ready OmegaQuant policyes here: